Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Can you fall in love with the same ............again?

Bismillahirrahmanirrahim

Assalamua'laikum wbt.

My first post ever since KL touchdown. Any updates? Too much. Too personal?

So kita patut berhenti merepekkan? *angguk2*

Rediscovering Terengganu.

What is so bad about Terengganu that I just need to find Sarawak as my escapade? It's everything that reminds me of my past. So yeah, you can say that the bad thing about Terengganu is me who has spent the last 20-ish years here. Doesn't matter now.

What makes me love Terengganu?
The people. The food. The smiles. The clothes. It's nice seeing a proper covered muslimah walking around here (However the sight of some of them is just an eyesore. I know, I haven't done enough to change that either).I am proud to see many girls who happened to be taking their driving lessons with me wearing a really large, covering veil. My owh my, I adore them.

The people in Terengganu are more down to earth than I could ever remember. Making me realize why I couldn't really cope living in the same room with one arrogant, snobbish, showing off person. The years in INTEC was somewhat a torture. The pressure. The new environment. Being different. But it's all over now. I don't ever want to go back living that life. I have more dreadful moments than sweet memories when I was there. Having said that, I am grateful for being given the chance to ever finish my A Level there with a ....well.....not-so flying colours.

Here, things are less complicated. I still hate myself for not being able to as comfortable as I can, be myself. But hey, I am good. If only I could drive, I would have driven myself near the beach and indulge into my all time favourite, an ABC (you know what that is). I miss my personal time in Hudson's Cafe with just the Chocolate Crunch as my company. I missed being on a bus in Adelaide with different people, just thinking about getting home and leave the pressure at workplace or uni (maybe not everyone). I miss cycling to uni, to the nearest Coles. I miss looking out of the window, thinking....God knows what. And of course, the people in Adelaide. Miss them so much.. (Wait, I am supposed to write about how awesome Terengganu is, not reminiscing my personal moments in Adelaide. I guess I failed)

But hey, I love the Pasar Malam here. Food are delicious, cheap and fancy (in my view, at least). And so are the drinks. ABC, lai chi kang, asam boi, tau fu fa, longan...and did I mention ABC? LOL. Hurmmm...not sure why, but I was more confident being in Adelaide than being here. Not that I love Adelaide more, I just couldn't figure out who I am here.

Anyways..when things turn sore, there is always Adni. My owh my...she can put smiles on everyone's faces. She tuns a rather quite and serious father/grandpa into someone who talks more and make weird sounds. Turns a tired mum/granny to a kindie singer. Turns a bully into a protector. Turns a rather self-centered person to a loving, cheerful aunt. And her other quite, ego aunt to a....err...another kindie singer? LOL. She turns a spoiled uncle into a performer. I miss her already. Her cute clothes. And the way she giggles drives everyone nuts. I love her. I lover her. Owh...I LOVE her... :)

My feeling before I write this post was totally the opposite of how my writing may have sound. But rather than focusing on what brought me down, I decided to write down what makes me feel happy, listing things down and simply count the blessings. Alhamdulillah.

And the words that suppose to fill the blank in this post's tittle are actually.. place,people,food,sceneries...and the list just won't stop.

Thank you, Allah. For every little and big presents that You give me everyday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment